Block Building Therapies is committed to providing support and rehabilitation to our clients at the highest level of professionalism and care. Along with individualized programming designed by our therapists, we also provide one on one support through our Rehabilitation Support Workers (RSW).
Our RSWs have the skills necessary to provide a safe and competent standard of rehabilitation care to clients and their families under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT) and/or Physiotherapist (PT). Our RSWs can provide supervision, follow OT, PT and SLP programming and assist clients in the community. An RSW enables a client to develop, maintain or restore physical, social and cognitive skills according to the treatment plan. Our RSWs are available 7 days a week, days and evenings.
- Community Outings, such as medical appointments or social outings.
- Meal Planning, including grocery shopping & teaching healthy nutrition.
- Money Management, such as budgeting.
- Home Management, such as learning independent ways to organize & declutter.
- Time Management, following daily routines and schedules/checklists.
- Support for completing therapy assignments (OT, PT, Psych, SLP, etc.)
- Supervision or support at the gym, following or completing an exercise routine.
- Social Skills Training such as 1-1 or group based social training opportunities.
Our Rehabilitation Support Workers have extensive experience supporting clients with mental health diagnoses. In particular, they support clients that are participating in our Exposure Therapy Program and Reactivation Program. For further details on our mental health programs, please click here.